Time Saving Hints
- Disassemble beds, desks etc before move. Keep screws and bolts in a plastic bag or container.
- Leave food in fridge until removalists arrive, they will indicate when to empty it.
- Don’t water pot plants for three days prior to move.
- Empty water beds one day prior to move.
- Empty all cupboards and drawers.
- Remove microwave plate, and pack safely.
- On removal day, you can help by taking small items to the truck.
- Be sure that someone is always present to indicate the placement of your items.
- Always use genuine removal cartons of similar size and shape, this will assist the removalists to load efficiently.
- Use larger cartons for bulky items like kitchen pots, pans and crockery. Make sure you use plenty of paper around fragile items.
- Use smaller boxes for heavier items like books, records and tins of food.
- Don’t overfill a box, and always tape the top and bottom of the cartons.
- Wrap fragile items with bubblewrap or paper, soft linen can be used to fill gaps and mark the box fragile.
- Use a room numbering system on each box to indicate where you want the boxes put.